HOW TO APPLY
Before you start
The Art Music Fund is a big application for a big project, so it’s best to get started as early as possible. Read the requirements thoroughly, and give yourself plenty of time to gather support material. You can save your application as you go, but you must ensure it is submitted by 5pm AEDT, Tuesday February 21 2017.
- Applicants must be members of APRA AMCOS. If an application includes additional composers who will be paid a commission fee from the Art Music Fund, they must also be members of APRA AMCOS. You can sign up to become an APRA AMCOS Writer member here.
- All Australian composers included in applications must also be financial members of the Australian Music Centre. You can sign up to become a member here.
- The Art Music Fund application form must be completed online. It consists of five sections; Contact Details, Statistical Information, Additional Composer(s), Application Details, Support Material.
- You must complete all sections of the application form, and your application can be saved and returned to at any point.
- Any additional composers to receive funding must be listed in the Additional Composers section.
- Support material must uploaded in one of the following formats: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .mp3, .wav, .mp4
Please Note: You may only be a part of one Art Music Fund application per funding round.
- You must download and complete the Art Music Fund Budget template.
- Your columns of income, expenses and in-kind support will be automatically totalled in the summary boxes on the top right of the template.
- If you require more lines, simply drag down the bottom right corner of the table to extend it.
- An example tab is provided to show you how the template may be filled out.
In-kind support: Non-monetary support from a partner or sponsor. This can take many forms such as; reduction of fees or wages, donation of goods or services, or loan of equipment.
Confirmed funding: Successful income from another grant program or philanthropic sources that has been secured in writing.
Pending funding: Income that has been applied for but is not yet confirmed.
Own contribution: Funds supplied by the applicant.
Eligible expenses: Details on which expenses are eligible for funding are available here.
Download this guide as a PDF.