The APRA Music Grants programme supports the NZ Ukulele Festival with the APRA Uke-Can-Do-It Songwriting Competition.
About the New Zealand Ukulele Trust
The NZ Ukulele Trust aims to ensure that New Zealand children, no matter their circumstances experience music.
Their programme is delivered through schools and enables teachers or community members to get children playing an instrument and singing at minimal cost to the school, and most importantly, no cost to families.
Their activities rely on donations, grants and volunteer time. Donations help them to:
- supply ukuleles to low decile schools
- run a Development Squad for talented students
- hold an annual FREE community music festival
- produce an annual Songbook and C D
- subsidise the participation of low decile schools by providing assistance with transport to and from rehearsals and the festival
- support teachers/community members through workshops and professional development