Become a Publisher Member
Joining APRA AMCOS as a publisher is free and the process is easy. Publisher membership is subject to the following criteria:
- You must be a bona-fide publishing company or business that is registered and operates in New Zealand, Australia or a South Pacific Nation.
- You must control at least one song or composition that has been commercially released or published in some way.
- You must have a publishing agreement with at least one writer who is a member of APRA AMCOS or an affiliated performing right society.
Before you apply, make sure you have the following information on hand to submit with your application:
- a copy of the publisher’s certificate of incorporation or registration of business name.
- details of the person/s owning and carrying on the publishing company or business.
- the publisher's standard songwriting agreement.
To maximize your revenue, we recommend publishers join both APRA and AMCOS.
APRA Publisher Membership
APRA is the Australasian Performing Right Association. It has two classes of publisher membership – Full and Associate.
Only corporations, i.e. Pty Limited or Limited companies, can become Full publisher members of APRA. However, any registered business, that isn’t a corporation, can become an Associate publisher member of APRA.
The only difference between the two classes is that Full members are entitled to attend and vote at APRA general meetings, but Associate members are not.
AMCOS Publisher Membership
AMCOS is the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society Limited.AMCOS does not distinguish between Full and Associate membership. Instead, AMCOS members are Category A members, when they represent less than 500 recorded works, or Category B members, when they represent 500 or more recorded works.
Once you’re a member
Once you’re a publisher member of APRA AMCOS, you’ll be able to take advantage of all the services we offer.
Your main responsibility as a member is to keep us informed about any Publishing and/or Sub-Publishing Agreements you enter into and the musical works you represent.Become a Publisher Member