Recording your own wedding or other private event

We offer a low-cost solution for incorporating musical works into videos of weddings and similar private events where those films have been made by you, solely for the purpose of domestic viewing. 

Download the licence application using the link below, complete the form and return to us by email, post or fax.

download application

Please note that these licences do not cover the use of musical works in the following types of audiovisual productions:

  • Corporate or training videos
  • Audiovisual productions that are commercially marketed or available for sale
  • Audiovisual productions that are made for public screenings
  • Audiovisual productions that are made for broadcast or internet transmission (including for upload to UGC sites such as YouTube)
  • Audiovisual productions that contain promotional or advertising material

If you are using music in video for advertising click here. If you are using music in video for film, TV or online, click here.

You need to make a separate application for each event you film.  If you record multiple private events, or create domestic videos as a part of your business, please visit the Videographers section.

For more information email us or call us on 0800 69 2772.

Need Help?

Read our FAQs

Call us on
+64 9 623 2173

0800 69 2772

+64 9 623 2174

Visit our office at
Unit 113, Zone 23
23 Edwin Street, Mt Eden
Auckland 1024

PO Box 6315,
Wellesley Street,
Auckland 1141

Email us at

Site Menu

Search the Website