We take care of your royalties worldwide through reciprocal agreements with performing and mechanical right organisations just like APRA AMCOS in 70+ countries. So, if your music is played on the radio in Europe, for example, we’ll be able to pay you for it.

However when your music is used overseas, it is subject to the laws, distribution rules and policies of the society in question. Societies are members of the international organisation CISAC (www.cisac.org) and BIEM for mechanical societies (www.biem.org), which have their own set of rules. 

CISAC has also developed agreed standards for distributing royalties. 

Is your fan base overseas? Tell us!

We do monitor overseas TV and radio broadcasts as well as chart information, etc. However if you know your music has been used overseas, you should let us know ASAP by completing the relevant form so we can contact the society and make sure you’re paid. 

You should tell us about overseas tours, the use of your music in film, TV, jingles and other broadcasts or record releases. This will ensure we can make claims on your behalf and check any incoming royalties.

When will I be paid?

Remember that sometimes there can be a significant delay between the performance of your music overseas and the distribution of these royalties to APRA AMCOS. Please be patient; we’ll pay you as soon as we can. Payments of international royalties also depend on whether we are affiliated with a collecting society there – so payments aren’t always guaranteed. However you can get an idea of when you’ll be paid by looking at our Foreign Distribution Schedule.

What societies are we affiliated with? 

This table shows what international societies we are affiliated with and whether they collect royalties for mechanical or performing rights. 

Earning royalties in the USA

Like most countries around the world, Australia only has one PRO - APRA. In the USA however, there are multiple PROs, and APRA AMCOS has reciprocal agreements with three: ASCAP, BMI and SESAC. If you start to earn royalties in the USA through the live performance or broadcast of your works, one of these PROs will act on behalf of APRA AMCOS to manage your rights, and you can choose which one. Learn more about USA designation here.

Site Menu

Search the Website